Skip to content

Can you play the same murder mystery game twice?

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Can you play the same murder mystery game twice?

Postby lorriann8you » November 3rd, 2011, 2:49 pm

Can you play the same game twice or is everything ruined so that each game is a one time play through?
lorriann8you

Re: Can you play the same murder mystery game twice?

Postby Adira » November 4th, 2011, 2:26 pm

I don't think you'd really be able to play it again (not with the same group of people anyway). At the end of the game, the solution is read (at least in Murder at the Four Deuces) which explains who the murderer is and how to solve it. Maybe not everything is given away, but I doubt you'd want to play it again.
Adira

Re: Can you play the same murder mystery game twice?

Postby 2coolbaby » January 12th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Actually, you can play the same game many more times, even with the same group. Let me explain. If you have the same guests, you would just assign them to different characters than they played previously. This in itself completely changes the game, as no two people will use information in the same way. After the first hour, each game is a totally new game, as the characters are driven by the guests playing them. One choice made by one character can change many things in a game. We have played Murder at the Four Deuces 5 times now, with around 5 of the guests always being the same and they still want to play it again. I WRITE the games and I can still play. Within an hour, I have no clue what is going on, as new intrigues that I did not write have been developing, created by the people playing their characters. Most people forget who the original murderer is (as this is the only consistent variable). Even if they don't, it doesn't matter as our games are so much fun to play that people actually forget to investigate the murder(s). To make this point, I just saw a video that was posted to the forum by a customer. It was a Murder at the Four Deuces party done in fast forward from a standing camera. What you will see is loads of people running around like crazy and obviously scheming and having fun, what you won't see is anyone looking at the evidence after the Inspector presents it! Why? Because people are so busy with what they are doing that they could care less!

Check it out here:
http://youtu.be/UYEQ5KlSSGg

Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information