Skip to content

Should the Murderer know they are the murderer?

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Should the Murderer know they are the murderer?

Postby Jules » March 24th, 2007, 3:55 pm

I recently held my first muder mystery - Four dueces. It was fantasitc and everything went well, we are even talking about holding another. The only thing that I didnt understand is that the murderer did not know that they had committed the central murder! So we played the evening until all the muder cards had been played and then filled in the who dunit cards. Then we opened the solution but we were suprised when the murderer said No it wasnt me - my booklets dont say that I did it. I havent read the character booklets yet though. So should the murderer know?

And is there any second part, such as can we keep the same characters but have a different murder take place on another evening? OR does it need to be a whole different game?

Thanks Mary Lee for your help leading up to game too.

Cheers
Jules
Jules

Postby 2coolbaby » March 24th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Hello Jules,

If your murderer did not know they were the murderer in one of our games, then they did not read their Background or their Confidential! They both state clearly that this charcter is the murderer.

Our main planned murderer will always have full knowledge of their crime and why they did it. Our parties are made to play mostly realistically. I have played those where the killer did not know until the end & the person playing the killer was always frustrated by that fact. I dont' think this is a good idea. The killer needs to be able to try to cast doubt elsewhere, protect their secret and tell stories to cover their tracks.

The only way a killer would not know they were the killer in one of our games, is if they had amnesia. That has not yet happened, but we reserve the right to use it at some point in the future :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Unstudied characters

Postby Jules » March 28th, 2007, 10:32 am

I will read the confidentail and character booklet to see how much the characters studied!

Thanx for you help! Will you be making any four dueces two, where the murderer goes to jail and something happens - I think alot of characters liked it and would find it easier then playing a new game!

Otherwise we will probably just get a new game!

I will send through photos in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Jules
Jules

Postby 2coolbaby » March 28th, 2007, 10:48 am

Hi Jules,

We actually have a Murder at the Four Deuces 2, which takes place 5 years later. It has most of the same characters with a few new ones thrown in. I won't spoil things for you, but the first murderer thinks they got away with it :lol:
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby suncrafter » May 10th, 2007, 11:16 am

2coolbaby wrote:Hi Jules,

We actually have a Murder at the Four Deuces 2, which takes place 5 years later. It has most of the same characters with a few new ones thrown in. I won't spoil things for you, but the first murderer thinks they got away with it :lol:

I think the murder NEEDS to know he/she did it. Otherwise it would be "Unfair" to that guy.
Proud webmaster of:
"Stickman Murder Mysteries"
Please visit my Forum too!
suncrafter

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information