Skip to content

Money and Weapons

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Money and Weapons

Postby jmott86 » July 13th, 2015, 7:50 am

I am new to the dinner and a murder games so I hope these questions don't seem silly. I just purchased one of the games and I am wondering what the objective with having a lot of money is? Are characters unwilling to reveal information without receiving money? I saw that there was a prize for having a lot the most money at the end but other than that, is there any benefit? Also, we are planning on playing our game in one large room so it seems like it could be awkward when characters are getting killed. Everyone will be able to see it happening each time. And, why would you want to kill a character that can provide you with information? Also, I wonder if my guests will be upset to be bumped off after they spent so much time getting into their particular character with costumes, etc. Any tips or help for a first timer?
jmott86

Re: Money and Weapons

Postby 2coolbaby » August 14th, 2015, 4:30 pm

I am new to the dinner and a murder games so I hope these questions don't seem silly. I just purchased one of the games and I am wondering what the objective with having a lot of money is? Are characters unwilling to reveal information without receiving money? I saw that there was a prize for having a lot the most money at the end but other than that, is there any benefit?

The game money makes the entire event more fun. It gives you access to information, the possibility of hiring jobs done and a myriad of other benefits.

Also, we are planning on playing our game in one large room so it seems like it could be awkward when characters are getting killed. Everyone will be able to see it happening each time

Are there no restrooms? A place to step outside? We have played in a conference and a dining room at a restaurant before and people that wanted to commit murder had no issue doing it. At times it even happened right in front of everyone and know one saw it. People are pretty caught up in their own schemes.

And, why would you want to kill a character that can provide you with information?

You wouldn't want to kill a character that could provide you with information, but you might want to kill one that is blackmailing you or threatening to reveal your secrets.

Also, I wonder if my guests will be upset to be bumped off after they spent so much time getting into their particular character with costumes, etc.

The weapon cards do not come into play until about an hour or more into the evening. We suggest having more characters for the victims to take on after the murder, so they will still be playing and the costumes won't go to waste.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information