Skip to content

Roaring Twentys Theme

Get ideas for decorating, costumes and more to match your party theme. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Roaring Twentys Theme

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2004, 6:04 am

I have a full web page on the 1920's theme. This page will give you costume ideas, recipes, wholesale party supplies, music suggestions, hairstyles and much, much more!

Here is the link to that page:
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/Themes/4Deuces.htm

Feel free to post any questions you have here.
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Missing Web Page

Postby dshafritz » October 2nd, 2005, 9:05 pm

Hi Mary,

The themes web page seems to be missing. Does it have a new URL?
Thanks!
dshafritz

Postby 2coolbaby » October 4th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Sorry about that. I moved my themes last month and had a re-direct set up to the new location, but my server went bye-bye last week along with the re-directs. Thank you for pointing that out. I have changed the link in this forum to the correct one.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Roaring Twentys Theme

Postby rthompson3805 » April 23rd, 2011, 9:57 am

Decorating turned out much easier than I originally thought. We used black disposable table cloths on the card tables (tied the corners will gaugdy gold and black ribbons. We used lots of crystal since in the 20's plastic would not have been availabe. Since it was for teens we pulled out plastic plates, etc so that things would not get broken. We bought from Party City some firecracker looking center pieces in the "Hollywood Section" In those I stuck fake red carnations. We placed strands of mardi gras pearl and gold beads around the center pieces. I bought from Hobby Lobby those cheap round bowls that are fluted at the top. They worked great to put gold fish in, pearls, flowers, etc. I placed things on top of crocheted doilies that my grandmother made. A big hit was a pedastal crystal bowl fill with pearls on the bottom. In the pearls we placed the fake cigarrettes. The kids loved pretending to smoke (not really promoting health, but in the 20's no one knew the danger) We pulled out the crystal punch bowl with red punch. Using candle sticks, ribbon, and anything crystal, black, gold, and red made for a great looks.
rthompson3805

Return to Board index

Return to Party Theme Ideas