Skip to content

skipping characters - POSSIBLE!?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

skipping characters - POSSIBLE!?

Postby lavaghman » January 23rd, 2006, 8:24 pm

Hi there,
just a quick one! Hosting Murder at the four deuces on Saturday night and have the first 16 characters assigned. But we have another girl who want to join in. Without giving away too much info is it possible to skip over the characters of Mayor 'Big Bill' Bumpkin and Cash Steal to assign this girl the female role of Cassandra Steal. And if this is possible will her character be a bit strange without husband Cash Steal?

Also have assigned Big Jim the follow up character of the Inspector. Is this ok? And I presume I wait until after Big Jim has died to give the 'actor' his new char!?

Thanks for your help. We're all looking forward to it.
Regards, John (an Irishman in Australia!) 8)
lavaghman

Re: skipping characters - POSSIBLE!?

Postby 2coolbaby » January 23rd, 2006, 9:21 pm

lavaghman wrote:Hi there,
just a quick one! Hosting Murder at the four deuces on Saturday night and have the first 16 characters assigned. But we have another girl who want to join in. Without giving away too much info is it possible to skip over the characters of Mayor 'Big Bill' Bumpkin and Cash Steal to assign this girl the female role of Cassandra Steal. And if this is possible will her character be a bit strange without husband Cash Steal?

That is just fine. And no it will not be strange without Cash there. She has all the same info as he does.

Also have assigned Big Jim the follow up character of the Inspector. Is this ok?

NO NO NO. The Inspector MUST be there when Big Jim dies to run to the body and perform his duties. No where do I tell people to do this & in fact the Inspector is listed on the primary characters. You are going to have to do some last minute re-arranging as that just will not work at all.

And I presume I wait until after Big Jim has died to give the 'actor' his new char!?

I actually tell you to give him his second character ahead of time so that he can prepare to play that character. Maybe he needs to bring a prop, or wants to make a costume change to pull it off. You just have to let him know that this is the character he will be playing after his Big Jim character is murdered.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby lavaghman » January 23rd, 2006, 10:58 pm

Thanks...i'm really glad i decided to post or things might have got confusing. Cheers for the advice.

John :P
lavaghman

Postby 2coolbaby » January 23rd, 2006, 11:53 pm

You are very welcome. I apologize if I sounded abrupt, but I have had 3 people try to do this in the last couple months & it makes me wonder how many are doing it without talking to me. I have re-read the instructions and cannot see a possible reason anyone would assign Big Jim the Inspector as his second character.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

1 last question!

Postby lavaghman » January 24th, 2006, 4:04 pm

I know you had said something in the instruction for the 10 person game that it was ok to assign Big Jim's actor the new character of Rwett Bumbler but is this also ok for the 12-20 person game. I had to do a bit of a resuffle after the inspector thing and Rhett is the only person I have left for him. I wanted to give him a bit more of a secondary 2nd character but there all taken now.

If this is going to be an issue what I could do is find somebody new to play Rhett and give Big Jim's actor one of the unused remaining roles of Mayor Big Bill or Cash Steal.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

John :D
lavaghman

Postby 2coolbaby » January 24th, 2006, 4:30 pm

It will work giving him the character of Rhett.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game