Roaring Twenties 1920s Theme Party Ideas
The 1920s was a decadent time. Prohibition was in effect and it created a big opportunity for movers, groovers, and gangsters. Speakeasies were cropping up everywhere and women were finding new freedom they never had before. Here is everything you need to host a real roaring twenties Great Gatsby-style party. Gangster and Flapper Costumes and fashion accessories, decorations, activities, music, menu suggestions with recipes, and much more. If you are looking for something not found here, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to find it.
We are moving this page from our old design, so it's still Under Construction
Roaring 1920s Party Theme Sections
Each section covers different party ideas. If you have any suggestions for additions, we would love to hear them!
Murder at the Four Deuces Mature - Experience the ultimate roaring 20's theme party with our gangster murder mystery party game kit with characters based on the real Chicago Gangsters of the twenties.
Murder at the Four Deuces Tame - Teens or those a little more conservative can experience our fun roaring 20's murder mystery.
Murder at the Four Deuces 2 - This is the sequel to our very popular Murder at the Four Deuces takes place New Year's Eve 1924.
Suggestions for using clothing you already have:
Women - Buy Beaded Fringe and attach it creatively! You can get this at most craft and fabric stores. Maybe add a beaded shawl around the hips. Beaded fringe to the bottom of dress and sleeves. Tassels were also in vogue flapper dresses, evening dresses, boas, long pearl necklaces, fans.
Men - Zoot Suits, Black or white ties on a black shirt were popular, and spats (white canvas or vinyl shoe covers). fedoras or gangster hats.
- How to Create the Great Gatsby 1920s Flapper Makeup - Step by Step instructions and video
- How to Create the Great Gatsby 1920s Flapper Faux Bob - Video to help you create the perfect Flapper Faux Bob
- VIDEO: How to create the Flapper Fingerwave Hairstyle - Both a short and long style
- How to create the Fingerwave Hairstyle - Download this pdf instruction file for getting this popular twenties hairstyle.
- Past Patterns - historically accurate patterns from 1920-1929. Make your own costumes.
- Vintage Martini- 1920s clothing - A lot of beautiful vintage clothing. Great ideas to make your own dress. Features multiple close-ups.
Mystery Soup - Add a little mystery at your next dinner party with our Mystery Soup recipe.
Killer Cheese Dip (HOT) - A hot spicy party cheese dip recipe that has been known to make women faint, strong men cry and small children run for their mommies.
Heart Attack in a Crock-Pot - This crockpot dish is a great addition to any murder mystery theme party.
Murderous Meatballs - You can't go wrong with our murderous meatballs recipe.
Death By Chocolate Cake - This recipe is a wonderful, rich, and decadent experience & oh so easy to make. It is a huge hit at our murder mystery parties.
Murderous Melon Balls - Scoop melons and serve!
Grapes of Wrath - Bibb Lettuce, Toasted Almonds, Red Grapes, and Crumbled Bleu Cheese Drizzled with Honey Mustard Dressing.
SPECIFIC THEMED RECIPE PAGES
1920's Recipes - These are our own twenties and murder-themed recipes and suggestions.-
Soda Fountain Recipes - A nice selection of Soda Fountain Recipes compiled by Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games.
1924 Waldorf-Astoria Menu for President Calvin Coolidge - Menu & recipes in printable PDF booklet format. Recipes may not be the ones used for this menu, but I tried to find recipes from this time period when possible. The booklets make a nice gift for your guests and can also be used as a unique seating place holder at your table!
- Stay Out Poster - We have created a Do Not Enter Poster for you to hang in areas that you would like your guests to stay clear of!
1920'S THEME IDEAS: - Black & White
- Speakeasy Bar
- Gangsters / Al Capone / Bugsy Siegel
- Silent Movies
- Jazz / The Charleston / The Black Bottom / The Lindy Hop
- Al Jolson / Duke Ellington / Irving Berlin / Fanny Brice
- Prohibition "Bathtub Gin"
- The Great Gatsby
- Cotton Club / Ragtime Band
- Art Deco / Aviation
- Fedoras / English Driving Caps / Zoot Suits / Wing Tip Shoes
- Model T Fords / Tabloid Newspapers
- Mah Jongg / Oriental Lanterns / Victrolas
- Long Pearl Necklaces / Headbands / Feathers / Cloche Hats
Helpful Party Products