Skip to content

Party Preparation

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Party Preparation

Postby urbanea » January 25th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my first murder mystery, although I am using a different party kit than described on this website. My question is whether I am supposed to distribute the character booklets before the actual party. I assume yes because it gives each actor the ability to get into character and give the murderer a chance to compose themselves, instead of raising eyebrows the day of. However, since the night is broken down into chapters, I don't want specific information to be ruined for anyone if they were to read ahead. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am sending out invitations this weekend so I need to figure out whether I send the packets with them or distribute them as the actors arrive to the party. The directions to my kit don't specify.

Thank you!
urbanea

Re: Party Preparation

Postby 2coolbaby » February 13th, 2011, 7:19 pm

I am sorry, but I really cannot help you as every game is different. You would really need to get hold of the company who produced it. I think your should worry about how good the game is, if the instructions don't tell you something as important as this.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game