Skip to content

Four Deuces 2 - who should hostess be?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Four Deuces 2 - who should hostess be?

Postby Cyndy Rogers » February 3rd, 2007, 4:04 pm

I am hostess of a party to be held in a month - Four Deuces 2. I have two questions. My guest list is 6 outgoing, married couples - must couples play couples in the game? This is everyone's first murder and a mystery - is it OK to mix up the pairings? Also, as hostess, who should I play? I want to play but not be overly involved becuase I am going to be serving dinner, etc.
Cyndy Rogers

Postby 2coolbaby » February 3rd, 2007, 4:06 pm

Hmmm. Did you already purchase 4 Deuces 2? I am not sure why you would do 2 before doing the first one.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

I still need the answer!

Postby Cyndy Rogers » February 3rd, 2007, 4:31 pm

One of my guests' thinks she remembers playing the orignal Four Deuces - or something very close to it - a long time ago, so that is why I choose Four Deuces 2.
Cyndy Rogers

Postby 2coolbaby » February 3rd, 2007, 4:41 pm

Our group has done the first 4 Deuces 5 times! We just switch characters around & wait 6 months to a year between parties and no one remembers anything.

Our games work in such a way that every party will play differently. Characters are driven by your guests themselves.

The only thing that will remain the same is the 1 planned murder & I bet she could not tell you who did that one & even if she knows, it will in no way affect her fun and ability to play.

I personally would never recommend playing 4 Deuces 2 without playing the first one. It was written specifically for groups that had already played the first one, so everyone has their characters previous background and schemes. Your guests might find things a little confusing and you will really be missing a lot that would work differently if you had played the first one.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Disappointed

Postby Cyndy Rogers » February 3rd, 2007, 4:44 pm

Well I am very disappointed then - it says somewhere on this website that you do NOT have to have played Four Deuces to enjoy Four Deuces 2, and I JUST received my Four Deuces 2 today in the mail. Did I just waste $59?
Cyndy Rogers

Postby 2coolbaby » February 3rd, 2007, 4:53 pm

I do say somewhere that you are not required to play the first one first, BUT I also state in the same place that I highly recommend that you play the first one before the sequel. In fact here is exactly what it says on the Four Deuces 2 Game Page:

You are not required to have played the original game to play this one, but I highly recommend doing so, as it does add a depth to the game. Guests who have played before will have a greater understanding of the characters, motives and backgrounds. If guests are playing the same character as previously played they will really have a blast with their matured character.

You can play the second one first and still have a good time, but I am just letting you know that if you played the first one first, you would have a much better time.

It is kind of like reading a sequel book. Yes you can do it and enjoy it, but you unknowingly are missing a lot by not knowing more about everyones background.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » February 3rd, 2007, 5:11 pm

If you decide you want the first one I would be happy to exchange your 4 Deuces 2 box set for the first one, as long as it is returned with everything intact.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game