Skip to content

Question about Chocolate in Death by Chocolate

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Question about Chocolate in Death by Chocolate

Postby KThreefoot » April 10th, 2007, 1:45 pm

I have what may be an idiotic question, but I'll ask anyway. The game for Death by Chocolate says that each person has to bring a chocolate dish that will be able to serve the total # of people attending the party. Is there any special reason for that? At first I thought it was how the Kinzie character would be murdered, but as I think about it, it just seems that it would be awkward staging that. I was planning on just having a table with everyone's dishes and a nameplate attached to each dish saying who brought it. The dishes would be out all night; we wouldn't sit around in a circle and pass the dishes around or anything like that. But will this mess up the intention of bringing the chocolate dishes? Sorry if this is stupid, I just don't recall seeing anything specifically describing what to do with the chocolate. Thanks!
KThreefoot

Postby 2coolbaby » April 11th, 2007, 9:58 am

It actually says to bring a chocolate treat, not a dish. It is not a necessity. You can actually tell your guests not to do this if you want. We just found that our guests REALLY enjoyed this part of it. Some people just love to create and share their cooking and baking masterpieces. Others will just run out and get a bag of Hershey's Kisses to share!

What we did for our party was have guest bags ready and then added a treat to each. Then the guests could either partake at the party or take them home as a party treat to indulge in later while fondly remembering the party :wink:

We also added a copy of our Chocolate Spa eBook and our Chocolate Recipe eBook to each Guest Bag! You can find those on our Chocolate Theme Party Page here:

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/chocolate/index.htm

There are also bottled water labels, graphics for your party, recipes you can make at your party with your guests and much more on this page.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game