Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces - Jan 2008 - NYC

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces - Jan 2008 - NYC

Postby Kingsley » January 27th, 2008, 11:01 am

For our first organized party as a married couple, the Four Deuces provided a great night of entertainment for us and our friends and we had as much fun organizing the party as we did being in the party. By starting the preparations a couple of weeks in advance using the online system to send out messages and character assignments, we were sure that our guests would start thinking about their characters well in advance - and they did. And having my new assumed name of Don Wannabe being shouted down the street a couple of days before the opening of the Speakeasy, I knew the night was going to be a success.

Blackjack tables in the back and a full bar of top shelf drinks that were not easy to come by, we started off the evening with some little preparations. Because of the gang member murders the night before we knew police presence was highly likely, so we made sure bottles of alcohol were cleverly disguised (see photo 1).

I made sure Al Capone arrived early as I needed his help on the door of the club, so with Al outside, the joint started to fill and the drinks began to flow (see photo 2). Meanwhile, whilst my high rolling guests were enjoying the Charleston, silent movies and live performances, that only my club could provide in the whole of the Chicago area, I made sure Al knew I didn't want any police in my club. Especially police that came dressed 80s style (see photo 3).

After all my guests arrived and the Inspector managed to get in (need to have a chat with Al about that), the party began with a host welcoming. Anything else that happened last night, has to stay under wraps as I have another opening tonight and I need to keep a low profile, but you'll see from photo 4 that Madame Meme just enjoyed extorting someone for their cash, or perhaps provided a guest with one of her services - who knows!!!

Towards the end of the night, all our guests that were murdered came back to life and got together for a joint photo and prize giving (see photo 5).

With a couple of apprehensive friends wondering about the success of the night and nerves of getting into character the box set provided great structure to the night and people quickly got into the swing of things only talking to each other as there assumed character. After taking some ideas from the forum on how to make the room 20s style with a 20s car cut out parked outside, posters of the club opening, in addition to silent movies playing in the background and a blackjack table set out, the apartment converted to a Speakeasy was going to ensure nothing but a success.

We look forward to doing another one, and after doing the first I have some great ideas for the second.

Don
Attachments
kb_fd5_s.jpg
the group
kb_fd5_s.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
kb_fd4_s.jpg
madame meme showing her cash
kb_fd4_s.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
kb_fd3_s.jpg
80s Inspector trying to get passed Al
kb_fd3_s.jpg (19.13 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
kb_fd2_s.jpg
high rollers enjoying the clubs entertainment
kb_fd2_s.jpg (24.93 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
kb_fd1_s.jpg
Alcohol disguised as soft drinks
kb_fd1_s.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Kingsley

Postby 2coolbaby » January 28th, 2008, 5:40 pm

As a smart speakeasy club owner, I am sure you paid that 80's dressed Inspector to ignore your really bad alcohol cover up job! I laughed out loud seeing the Fruit Punch "labels" you wrapped around your bottles. That was just too cute!

Thanx for the feedback and Good Luck Don ~
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces