Skip to content

Murder @ Four Deuces, Houston TX Feb 9th

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder @ Four Deuces, Houston TX Feb 9th

Postby RIP » February 11th, 2008, 4:10 pm

The grand opening of the new the Speakeasy, Four Deuces opened February 9th in celebration of my aka as Madame Meme 30th birthday. I am a bit of a control freak and knew I wanted to plan my own 30th birthday bash and this murder mystery was the absolutely prefect way to celebrate my birthday.

It was so easy to assign characters and everyone was so excited to get there character background information. The party was not schedule to happen for another week and half it became the topic of conversation every chance we got.

Shopping for the party decoration for the house was so much fun! I was really surprised at all the party accessory that where available to purchase. I turned the entry way to my front door into the VIP entrance with red carpet, red lights and red velvet rope. The Fellas and Dames Clonker resembled an old club bathroom. Entrance Madame Meme's brothel was hidden behind red velvet curtains & low lights. But the smoking room was the biggest hit of the night, stock with cigars for all the fellas to enjoy. Other accessories were large deuces on the walls, suit streamers, rose flower pieces with feathers etc...

The evening began with the guest showing up to the entrance of the Four Deuces to be greeted by Al Capone. And to there surprise they were not allowed in to the speakeasy immediately even if they knew the password, just like a traditional club they were forced to wait in line before entering to increased anticipation of the evening to come. All the guest showed up decked out and put so much though and effort into there outfits. Al had short pants and sweat stained shirt. Carrie Crooner was truly the floozy of the night. All of a sudden the lights went out and when they came back on, Big Jim was found murdered on the floor execution style, a single shot to the head. Baroness, Carrie and Rebecca were beside themselves with grief. Baroness was immediately excusing Carrie for the murder of her only son. As the evening progressed 2 other murders took place that blew everyone's mind. The inspector had his work cut out for him but he was up for the job and did not once come out of character. The evening carried on with lots of bribery, backstabbing and stealing of each other cash. Once the inspectors solved and reveal the shocking news of big Jim's murdered, everyone shared there shocking secrets. And I passed out awards, super sleuth received a huge magnified glass, best costume received a large nosed pair of glasses, best actors received a Grammy statue and wealthiest player was blinged out with a large dollar necklace.

This evening was truly one of the best parties I have ever hosted or been too. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and can't wait until the next one. Thank you for creating such a well put together, thought out party kit.
Attachments
thegang.JPG
The cast of the Four Deuces
thegang.JPG (32.11 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
IMG_2401.JPG
Don & Sly
IMG_2401.JPG (23.87 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
P2090573.JPG
Rebecca and her wade of cash
P2090573.JPG (29.14 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
girls.JPG
The girls in the smoking room
girls.JPG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
P2090106.JPG
Big Jim is Killed Execution Style
P2090106.JPG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
MeetAl.JPG
Meet Al
MeetAl.JPG (36.22 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
RIP

Re: Murder @ Four Deuces, Houston TX Feb 9th

Postby dancerxing19 » July 21st, 2008, 12:13 am

Wow! Your decorating looks aweome...where did you get your decorations from? I'm planning on having this party and need some ideas for decorating! Thanks! :D
dancerxing19

Re: Murder @ Four Deuces, Houston TX Feb 9th

Postby RIP » July 22nd, 2008, 12:58 pm

I went all out on the decoration as you can see. I stuck to the traditional Black, Red & White. I got alot of the decorations from local party stores Party City & US Toys. I took streamers and cut them half and hung them from the ceiling, made cards out of poster board, decoupage a mirror w/card suits. Madame Mimi brothel house was draped in red velvet drapes and candle lit with a price sheet at the door. I changed some of the bathroom lights out to red lights and draped feather boa's around the mirror, it was huge hit. Tables were cover in red clothes w/Rose's and feather center pieces. The front door, I rolled out red plastic table cloth and put a VIP sign at the door. Al was waiting for the guest to arrive. GOOD LUCK
RIP

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces