Skip to content

March 2008 - Murder at the Four Deuces in Frisco, Texas

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

March 2008 - Murder at the Four Deuces in Frisco, Texas

Postby rachl323 » April 6th, 2008, 1:02 pm

A friend and I were discussing the fact that there simply aren't enough excuses to dress up in costume and go to a party when she mentioned we should have a murder mystery party. I took this idea and ran with it, as my birthday was coming up and I figured it would be a good excuse to get everyone together. I quickly found 'Murder at the Four Deuces' and knew this was the game for my party!

I assigned everyone a part and quickly got started on costumes for some of the ladies. I made my (Madam MeMe) costume, Carrie Crooner-Ravioli's, Baroness Ravioli's (she was pregnant and couldn't find one to fit!) and part of Vicky Ravioli's costume, as I love to sew! My husband set out to find accessories for the guys: hats, guns, suspenders, badges and cigars! We turned our dining room into a game room complete with black jack and poker tables, an upstairs bedroom into the brothel, the kitchen into a bar decorated with red paper lanterns, and the living room into a lounge/stage area. We made signs including the pricing for renting a room in the brothel, and everyone's favorite sign on the downstairs bathroom: "One patron at a time. Please inquire upstairs about rooms." We had finger sandwiches to snack on, a wonderful green poker-themed cake and, of course, the alcohol was free-flowing in the speakeasy!

Everyone arrived at about the same time, and with three different groups of friends together, not everyone knew each other. That didn't stop anybody from getting right into character and meeting everybody as their new personas! We mingled for a while and Big Jim made a lot of people mad :wink:, so we figured it was time for Carrie to perform. The house lights dimmed and Big Jim was just walking on stage to give a big announcement before the performance when the lights went out! There was a brief moment of silence (and a few giggles as the sound of a balloon squeaking and not popping was heard!) and then a gunshot rang out and there was a scream! The lights came on, and the party started in full swing from there. The Inspector was by far the best actor and he didn't miss a beat questioning everyone about everything. I can't imagine how he kept it all straight! Al Capone made use of his skills in the art of deceit by extorting money from Toto Tequila and Brett Bumbler by convincing each of them that the other had hired him to do them in! Don Wannabe, Al Capone and Carrie Crooner-Ravioli ended up controlling the whole game behind the scenes by manipulating everybody else and after the game when the secrets came out, it was amazing! I thought I was going to be the wealthiest player for sure as I picked each dead body clean, but the Inspector must have been paid a lot to keep quiet about everyone's secrets because he had even more money than I did! There ended up being five murders that night (the original one plus four more!) and each one just added to the main mystery!

Nobody that came to the party had ever attended a murder mystery before, but everyone is already asking when the next one will be held. We are already planning part 2 for New Year's Eve! Thank you for helping me have such a wonderful party!
Attachments
Murder at the Four Deuces.jpg
Murder(s) at the Four Deuces!
Murder at the Four Deuces.jpg (240.52 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Ladies 2.jpg
The Ladies, part I: Baroness Ravioli, Rebecca Ravioli, Vanessa Crooner, and Madam MeMe
Ladies 2.jpg (123.98 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Ladies 1.jpg
The Ladies, part II: Carrie Crooner-Ravioli, Donna Wannabe and Vicky Ravioli
Ladies 1.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
The Guys.jpg
The guys: The Inspector, Toto Tequila, Don Wannabe, Al Capone, Big Jim, and Brett Bumbler
The Guys.jpg (93.43 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
Madam MeMe.jpg
The always gracious Madam MeMe
Madam MeMe.jpg (216.92 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
rachl323

Postby 2coolbaby » April 6th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Thanks for the entry. You did a WONDERFUL job on the dresses you made. My family actually laugh out loud when I suggest sewing up a hole or tear in something. They have little faith in my sewing abilities. Not that any of them have seen any real ability to have faith in :lol:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces