Skip to content

Opening of The Four Deuces in NYC

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Opening of The Four Deuces in NYC

Postby Lilly310 » October 22nd, 2008, 11:07 am

For my 25th Birthday I planned a Four Deuces Murder Mystery Dinner Party.

On October 17, 2008 at 8pm my guests arrived to my home in Astoria, NY. The house was marked only with a red rose tied with a black ribbon outside the door. The guests rang the bell and gave Al Capone the password and then he allowed them to enter (after checking their weapons of course.) Each guest was given a name tag and small manilla envelope containing their character info, fake money, a note pad, and a pencil. As they entered the foyer they entered the 1920s.

I replaced all the lightbulbs downstairs with flame flicker bulbs so the entire house looked like it was lit by candles. The two tables were covered with white tablecloths and long tapered battery operated candles and a single red rose.

1920s music blared throughout the evening to set the tone and the television displayed a picture of a lighted keyhole and Welcome to The Four Deuces. The downstairs bathroom was illuminated with blue light and the bathtub was filled with a large metal tub filled with ice and beer.

Upstairs was a combination of flame flicker light and red light for the brothel. The bed was decorated with throw pillows and boas and lingerie. A long tapered battery operated candle on the vanity also helped to illuminate the room. All of the walls upstairs were completely covered in printouts of 1920s pin-up girls and burlesque dancers. Many in a state of undress which added to the naughty atmosphere.

Don Wannabe cooked two different baked ziti dishes. One with sausage and one for our vegetarian friends with ricotta cheese and stewed tomatos. He also made a great salad and homemade jalapeno garlic bread that was to die for.

When guests arrived Don Wannabe made sure that everyone were comfortable and always had a cocktail in their hand. He was the ultimate host and wanted to make sure that Madame MeMe was relaxed and enjoying her Birthday celebration. After the murder everyone enjoyed the amazing meal that Don Wannabe prepared.

Then the party really took off. Murder, Mayhem, Bribery. I've never had so much fun at a party. I'm an actress and I invited a lot of my friends that I've performed with and everyone really got into it. Everyone had an amazing costume. My friend that played Don "Big Jim" Ravioli even brought a 2nd costume to change into when he became Rhett Bumbler.

There were 3 extra murders and I blackmailed so many people that I ended the game with over $1,000. Everyone said it was the best party they've ever been to.

After the game was over we enjoyed an amazing Oreo Halloween Graveyard Cake that my friend Brianna made from scratch. Everyone sang Happy Birthday at midnight when I officially turned 25. It was by far the best Birthday I've ever had.

Here are some pictures. Unfortunately with the flash on the camera you can't see how incredible the lighting effects were.
Attachments
n22801166_32337280_7043.jpg
Murder at The Four Deuces
n22801166_32337280_7043.jpg (57.31 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
n22801166_32337248_8769.jpg
Madame MeMe and Don Wannaba
n22801166_32337248_8769.jpg (66.94 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
costumes.JPG
Don Ravioli changed to Rhett Bumbler (above), Carrie Crooner (bottom left), The Inspector and Baroness Ravioli (bottom right)
costumes.JPG (86.2 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
n22801166_32337256_701.jpg
Oreo Halloween Graveyard Cake
n22801166_32337256_701.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Lilly310

Re: Opening of The Four Deuces in NYC

Postby 2coolbaby » November 18th, 2008, 12:14 am

I am so glad you had such a good time. Battery operated candles is a great idea!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces