Skip to content

best mystery to use for a group

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

best mystery to use for a group

Postby Christina » October 3rd, 2009, 3:06 pm

Hello there!
Well, I have never done one of these before, but have heard of them, and now can't wait to actually try one. My question though, is about which game would be best to start with. The group that I would be inviting would be mostly all single 20-somethings people who would be more on the conservative side. I was looking at the Four Deuces Tame, or the 1950's one possible. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Christina
Christina

Re: best mystery to use for a group

Postby 2coolbaby » October 3rd, 2009, 4:52 pm

I would highly suggest the Four Deuces Tame. The Class of 57 is more for extremely conservative groups and it is for couples. While your group is more on the conservative side, I still think the Tame Four Deuces would be just fine for you and there is so much more going on in that game.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Christina » October 3rd, 2009, 10:35 pm

thanks much for the quick reply. The other thing I was just thinking about...do you know about how many pages would need to be printed off if I got the download version of the game? Or what are the pros/cons of the two options? Thanks again!
Christina

Postby 2coolbaby » November 15th, 2009, 2:41 pm

I know this is late, but here is the breakdown on boxed vs download:

In the box is that we print everything for you. In addition we print certificates on parchment paper, name tags and Organizing labels are printed on peel and stick labels, over 40 booklets are folded and stapled and game money is pre-packaged for easy hand out.

The download game will take you about 2-3 hours to print, (This is true of ANY murder mystery download game on the market, you will use a full set of printer cartridges and more than 200 sheets of paper. The $20 difference we charge is just our cost of production, and we get our materials at wholesale cost. We do not make any profit with the box over the download, but we always suggest going with the box, as it will actually save you time and money. Shipping is the actual cost. We do not pad it in any way.

You should also know that even if you purchase the box, you can get started on everything immediately through our rsvp system, which is free for customers. From there you can send invites, track rsvp's, print the Host Guide and Guest List Worksheet (to assign characters to guests) and you can send character backgrounds to your guests or yourself.

The other side of the coin is that materials tend to disappear or get torn during a party. Thus, if you plan to use it more than once, you have two options:

1. Buy the download version and print at your convenience for any party.

2. We also have added the ability to buy a Box Replacement from the store. It costs $20 for the box replacement, which will still be cheaper and more time saving than printing for another party. You will need to provide us your Order Id# from your original box order, when you order a replacement.

I hope this helps you to make the decision that will work best for you.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces