Skip to content

November 2006 Entry - Murder at the Four Dueces

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

November 2006 Entry - Murder at the Four Dueces

Postby Mimi » November 19th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Every since I have heard that they existed I have always wanted to host a Murder Mystery Party. My Seventeenth birthday proved the perfect opportunity. As I started researching on the internet about different games, I realised how much I wanted a game that set out the plot for you and then let the characters move it forward. I am a drama student, (dubbed the 'dramies' at our school) and so are most of my friends, so I knew that they would love a game that let them do some real acting and improvising. I also loved that this game let me choose the number of characters needed, so it didn't matter if one or two people cancelled.

I set up The Four Deuces in my house with the bar for the first floor and the 'bordello' in the basement. I made a full homemade Italian dinner for everyone with bruscetta, lasagna, and roast potatoes. My Mum and Dad, or 'the staff' helped me serving the meal and then scampered off to let me run the party.

My friends were really excited about coming and dressing up. One friend even bought a $60 retro dress! They all arrive perfectly in character and stayed that way all night. I made my dress from a retro Simplicity pattern. Big Jim arrived a little late, much to my panic, but once he arrived thing moved smoothly. My friends had a great sense of humour about the whole thing and had fun hamming it up with the characters. My friend Alex was the inspector and loved getting to read all the evidence and hamming it up with big words.

After the murder there was lots of schemeing going on. Carrie and Donna formed an alliance, and Rebbecca killed her husband to ensure her fortune. Not to mention a family trauma emerged between the Don and his sister about him killing her cat when they were young. Once things wound down I had everyone congregate together to finish up the murder.

The party was loads of fun, and so easy for me to host! I had everything done for me, so all I had to do was get the food and make sure everything ran perfectly. I was then able to relax and enjoy being in character and being part of the scheming. At the end of the party we had cake and I opened my presents, followed by a little dancing. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed.

I cannot say again how wonderful this kit was! It was exactly what I wanted. Unscripted, but with lots of character and background information and everything I needed to have it run smoothly. Now all my friends want to host murder mystery parties, too!

Thank you for helping me host the best party I have ever hosted or been to.

Lots of Love,
Mimi Anderson
aka Madame MeMe
Attachments
Four Dueces-MeMe and Don.jpg
Yours truly as Madame MeMe with Don Wannabe.
Four Dueces-MeMe and Don.jpg (12.13 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Four Dueces-Mingling in the Kitchen.jpg
Carrie and the Inspector, with Donna and Don Wannabe in the background.
Four Dueces-Mingling in the Kitchen.jpg (25.83 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Four Dueces-Rebecca.jpg
Rebbecca Ravioli
Four Dueces-Rebecca.jpg (22.16 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
Four Dueces-Living room.jpg
Guests mingling and scheming.
Four Dueces-Living room.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Four Dueces-Big Jim.jpg
Big Jim shot!
Four Dueces-Big Jim.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Mimi

Postby 2coolbaby » November 27th, 2006, 6:04 pm

I am so happy that your party was a success. I always love to read feedback and see pictures. Can there be a better feeling in the world, then to know your creation brings joy and laughter to people? I think not.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces