Skip to content

Murder at the Four Dueces...in Dallas

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Dueces...in Dallas

Postby rebeccasweat » January 22nd, 2012, 7:36 pm

We hosted a "Four Dueces" roaring 20s murder mystery dinner party at our home last night. It was our second murder mystery party, and our first time with your company. I write a hospitality blog, and wrote about last night's party in today's (Jan. 22, 2012) post. You can check out what I wrote at www.creativehospitality.blogspot.com. I included a lot of photos in my post, as well as tips for making the most of this murder mystery kit. It was a wonderful evening...but does necessitate a lot of advance planning for everything to go smoothly.
rebeccasweat

Re: Murder at the Four Dueces...in Dallas

Postby 2coolbaby » January 24th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Thank you for your review Rebecca. I did want to point out several things though.

1. In your review, you said one of the things we lacked was decoration advice and printables, but this is not at all true. We have a full roaring twenties theme page which has TONS of decorating advice, ideas to make your own costumes, signs, printables, recipes, streaming music, slang dictionary, how to do your makeup and the Charleston and so much more. The link was in the Host Guide and on the party page which was created by the RSVP system.

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/themes/1920s.htm

One zip item there was: Lots of great 4 Deuces Party Graphics - This zip file has a lot of great printable graphics for your Four Deuces Speakeasy. These include the following: • Dames and Fella Clonkers • Dons Bathtub Hooch • Stay Out • Mugshot Placard • Evidence • Tip Jar • Gentlemans Entertainment

2. We are in the process of revamping our games and fixing typos. We are redesigning them to look better and adding even more elements, such as replacing Best Actor and Actress with Drama King and Drama Queen. Adding a Super Villain category. We are redesigning our invitations and having them professionally printed.

3. The girl that runs Night of Mystery stole everything about my games to create her own! She bought my Murder at the Four Deuces in 2004 and then released her first game Murder at the Juice Joint 6 months later. EVERYTHING about them was just like mine at the time. She even stole the wording from my web site for her pages and used my same wording in all the rules of her games. My web site at the time was black and red, which she also stole. It was crazy. I contacted her and confronted her with her lack of imagination and told her that she should have been able to develop her own personal system, just like I did. She had the gall to tell me in a very ugly way, "Too bad, so sad because rules can't be copyrighted and there is nothing you can do about it". She also told me to tell her what to change about her games to make them different from mine! Umm, if I have to tell you what changes to make, then it is still not using your own imagination! Since our games our 50% rules and formats, she was technically right, although a lawyer told me that it is expected that an RPG company like ours will someday sue and win as our rules are so in depth and involved compared to simple game rules. It would cost me millions to fight this that high and I am a small business. She had me and she knew it. At that time, I went and completely redesigned my web site and changed my games, I put everything into booklet format and added many elements that hers lacked.

So, there is really a HUGE difference between her company and mine. We have integrity.

I apologize for the rant, but comparing her games to ours is painful for me for obvious reasons. You are comparing my games to my games and mine our lacking :lol:

I am happy your party went well and I hope you come back next year to see our new and improved games.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces