Skip to content

My 19th Birthday Party at The Four Deuces

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

My 19th Birthday Party at The Four Deuces

Postby amethyst_blackfire » March 11th, 2007, 6:01 am

It was almost my nineteenth birthday. I had long been racking my brains, trying in vain to conjure up an interesting, enjoyable and unusual idea for a celebration. It was then that I remembered a site that I had come across. It seemed like a good idea. A murder mystery party. Something my friends and I had yet to try. I might as well give it a go, I thought. And the rest is history.

I chose to host Murder at the Four Deuces. Invitations were sent, and only one person was unable to attend. My mother and I embarked upon a vast search for anything (cheap) resembling that which may have been present in the 1920's. My father exhibited his handiwork by creating a table fit for food from a pool table. My family took on the role of staff. Costumes were created. Finger food was purchased.

I had my worries about some of my friends - I wasn't sure that everyone would really get into the dressing up and role playing aspects.

As they began to arrive, I was impressed by the costumes. The hairstyles, the make-up, the wigs. The op-shop beauty of the outfits. I began to feel nervous as the final guests arrived. After a big group photo it was time to begin.

The first hurdle was how to handle the original murder. Although the instructions suggest switching off the lights, it wasn't yet dark enough inside the room for this to work. After a quick conference with the victim, we decided that the murder would take place while the victim was out of sight outside the room.

Throughout the night there were two further murders - Carrie Crooner-Ravioli and Don Wannabe both met their untimely ends. Guilda Guiseppi made a fortune by selling the same information to numerous guests and then being paid by others to keep the same information quiet!

Al Capone quite successfully lied to pretty much every other guest about who he "knew" was the murderer - because of this, only one person figured out who the murderer really was! This performance, along with some very artistic "facial hair" won him the honour of being Best Actor.

It was a very succesful night by all accounts. Everyone really got into character and enjoyed themselves. I would definitely do something like this again!

Thank you for providing such a great party!
Attachments
Group.jpg
All the guests just prior to beginning
Group.jpg (120.72 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
People.jpg
Some of our wonderful guests
People.jpg (69.82 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
The Staff.jpg
The Staff
The Staff.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
amethyst_blackfire

Postby 2coolbaby » March 11th, 2007, 11:17 pm

I wonder what the neighbors were thinking when they saw your group :lol:

What we did the time we hosted 4 Deuces in the daytime... outside, was just tell everyone to shut their eyes and imagine they were in a room where the lights just went out. They were told "DO NOT open them until told to!. The balloon popped, the Don died and I then told everyone to open their eyes as the lights had just come back on. A couple cheaters peeked, but all they would see was the balloon being popped and the Don falling over dead. Nothing to give away anything about the murder. It is more for ambiance than anything!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces