Skip to content

Class of 57 - Success

Feedback on Class of 57 Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Class of 57 - Success

Postby Geoo » August 11th, 2008, 6:48 am

August 9th, 2008 we hosted a Class of 57 murder mystery at our church. It was so much fun. We ended up with 39 guests, including ourselves. We catered dinner through a friend of mine that does that part time and the food was delicious. We had only 8 people that solved the murder and we had two extra murders that evening. Everyone had a terrific time. You can see the pics from the evening at my website.

http://sites.google.com/site/saemundrof ... rah-church

A couple suggestions I would have for someone else doing this party.

I think it would have been worth it to buy the boxed set rather than electronic and printing your own (which is what I did)

At very least, print out extra copies of the character descriptions.

I think if we would have just gone with the original 20 characters it would have been plenty. 39 people in a church gym is ALOT of people and even though several of them didnt have parts it was hard to remember who was who.

Take LOTS of pics. I just pretended like the camera was for collecting evidence and it fit in well.

Jim
Geoo

Re: Class of 57 - Success

Postby Holly » August 11th, 2008, 1:32 pm

Who knew you could have so much fun getting killed!

I was one of the guests at the party last Saturday, and I had a great time. Thank you for coordinating all of it. It all worked out beautifully!

I wonder if the pictures in the evidence folder would have turned out clearer from the box set, rather than the online version. I assumed at the time it was because they were trying not to make the clue too obvious, but it was so blurry that I couldn't really tell what I was supposed to be seeing.
The number of people we had did confuse things. On the other hand, I think that having a large group with a little chaos did help with the fact that I only knew a few people there. I was just another person in the crowd, acting my part.

I agree that the photography fit in really well with your character. I also liked that Carol sat down at our table and just start "interrogating" Michael and Mary to get the conversation rolling. I think that you both did an excellent job as hosts. You were very outgoing and moved things along really well.

And the food... It was spectacular!

Again. Thank you so much! I'm getting on the list, in case you decide to do this again.
Holly

Postby 2coolbaby » August 11th, 2008, 6:37 pm

I am glad you enjoyed it. You are correct about buying the box. We don't make anything extra off the box, that is just our cost of production and we buy our materials wholesale! The printing is also time consuming. We have the pdf version of the backgrounds available in the RSVP system, in case anyone loses a background.

I wanted to let you know that if you post a link to us on your page there and then send us the link to the page that has the link, we will send you a coupon for 20% off your next purchase.

Thanks for sharing!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Geoo » August 12th, 2008, 8:01 am

Mary Lee - I cant believe I didnt think about adding a link. I am happy to do that. You can find it at the same link I posted above. I want to do Four Duces next.

Hollie - I sent out an email to everyone (that I had an email for) about contacting me if they want to be on a list for the next one. I have added contact information on my website above if you would like to contact me about that.

But more to the point, you were terrific. When I looked over at the door I thought "OMG, is she really dead or hurt?" LOL I still am not sure how that deal worked out because I saw Nate give you money!! So how did he kill you?? LOL Anyway, I hope to see you at more of these.

Jim
Geoo

Return to Board index

Return to Class of 57