Skip to content

Bridal Shower?

Tidbits to help you host a great murder mystery party.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Bridal Shower?

Postby magicmcm » May 17th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I'm hosting a bridal shower next month and using the Death by Chocolate game. A few questions:

What would you consider an appropriate game timeline to make room for a few bridal shower traditions? i.e. when to open gifts, have cake, do a couple of simple spa treatments (foot soaks and scrubs - during the game?)?

Is chocolate specifically mentioned in the game other than the title and menu suggestions? Can't I just omit that part?

Would it be feasible to play a couple of traditional bridal shower games within the game in order to award some additional prizes? I'm not talking anything too intrusive to the game - perhaps just the clothespin game (can't say the groom's name) or a "guess the number of bath beads in the jar" game.
magicmcm

Postby 2coolbaby » May 19th, 2008, 10:11 am

Chocolate is pretty central to the theme of the game. It takes place at Lady Godiva's Day Spa, which specializes in chocolate spa treatments. Every characters background is asked to bring a chocolate treat or item to the party. If you want to leave that out, then you will need to black out this instruction from the bottom of every character booklet.

You can do everything for your bridal shower during the party. Just like you could do if you were having the bridal shower at Lady Godiva's Day Spa. As far as timing, just look at your Step-by-step party instructions in the Host Guide. Use this to see when it is best to fit in different activities. Just remember to stay in character during the activities.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Hints and Tips