Skip to content

Nov 2011 Winner - The Immortal Murders- Contest Entry

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Nov 2011 Winner - The Immortal Murders- Contest Entry

Postby SilverAsrai » November 2nd, 2011, 10:27 pm

My husband and I bought the Immortal Murders game to use for a Halloween party this year. We had done a few typical sit-around-a-table-and-read-from-a-script murder mysteries before, but this unscripted format sounded so much more exciting, creative, fun...just a whole new level of murder mystery game. It also sounded perfect because I LOVE planning and throwing big parties and this wouldn't require my usual months of preparation beforehand. I must say, though, that as party day drew closer I became more and more nervous about hosting. Usually, with the months of planning and preparation comes complete control over what's going to happen and how I'm going to show my guests a good time. With this party, I had NO IDEA and it kind of freaked me out! I was very nervous! But I'm happy to say that I needn't have worried. I followed all of the clear instructions, organized all of the materials, sent out some emails, threw together a pot-luck buffet and the rest was taken care of. We filled all 20 characters and couldn't have asked for a better bunch to try this out on. Everyone dressed in fabulous costumes and really got into their roles. My husband played the Inquisitor and I was Bastet. I let him do most of the hosting duties since I had a lot of important conniving to do, but I helped him out here and there. The inquisitor seemed to be a pretty good role for the host except that there were a few people who came to him asking questions about murder weapons and such, and he, keeping in character, had to tell them that they were basically asking the "Police" how to commit a crime, ha ha. I could tell a lot of stories about power plays that were made, pranks that were pulled, character roles being magnified, but I don't want to give anything away or influence any future players. Let's just say it was glorious. I've never been so proud of my family and friends! We had a blast, and look forward to another game in the near future! Thanks so much for your creativity and innovation!

View my photos at http://www.partiesofpower.blogspot.com (couldn't get them to load here)
SilverAsrai

Re: Nov 2012 Winner - The Immortal Murders- Contest Entry

Postby 2coolbaby » January 27th, 2012, 9:19 pm

First off, anyone reading should really go read the blog post and see the pictures. It was such a great review and they obviously had a LOT of fun playing this game.

Thank you for the sharing that with us and Congratulations... You have won a free murder mystery game!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders