Skip to content

It was sooo much fun!

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

It was sooo much fun!

Postby Kay » February 14th, 2007, 5:45 pm

My murder mystery party doubled as my sweet sixteen, and it was sooo much fun! I really wanted an original party that everyone would remember, and this was perfect! I had bought a scripted game first, but after opening it I decided that an unscripted game would probably be much more fun, so I returned the other and ordered Death by Chocolate. I am so glad that I did this game because it really allowed my friends and me to let our dramatic talent shine!!! (A couple of my friends really are quite talented and very much into drama, so they absolutely loved it!) Everyone had a really good time.
I was a little worried at first because a lot of my guests didn't already know each other, but as soon as my friends arrived (in their best pj's and robes!!!) they all got into character and did a fantastic job. Kinzie was amazing and very convincing in her role. She built up to her death for about 15 minutes, periodically complaining about a pain in her abdomen. One girl even thought she really was not feeling well and offered her some pain medicine!!! Tyra was great and yelled at everyone the whole time for hitting on her husband, and Bonnie the detective was really good at "getting to the bottom of this"! Two other murders took place, one by Angelica, and one by Justine. Everyone was scheming and gossiping so much that only one person remembered to blackmail people. She made so much money!
To set the mood for my party, I decorated in a gold and cream color theme. I had calming music playing throughout the night in the background. I matted the provided sign in a gold mat and hung it in the entry way so that it would be the first thing my guests saw when they arrived. I decorated cream-colored candles with gold ribbon, then wrapped them in cellophane and attached a tag that said "Thank you for visiting Lady Godiva's Day Spa" for take-homes. I cleared off a bookshelf in the living room and put the candles and lots of lotions on it. I also set out candle and flower centerpieces on all the tables.
I set up the dining room with fruits and veggies and other healthy foods for the first part of the night, then brought out lots of chocolate to finish the night off! I set up a manicure station with the recipe from the chocolate recipe book and nail files, buffers, and polish. I also put out a foot massage/bath with a rack of lots of soft towels.
My party was a lot of fun and I will definitely get another one of your games for my next murder mystery party! I really loved how well you put everything together! Thanks for helping me have a GREAT party!
Kay

Postby 2coolbaby » March 1st, 2007, 11:56 pm

Hi Kay,

I am so glad to hear your party was a success. I had never thought of matting some of the signs. That would be an affordable way to 'elegant' up some of the graphics. Thanks for sharing!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate