Skip to content

Poll Opinion

We will occasionally have a question that we would like feedback on from those who have hosted their party. We would appreciate taking a moment to help us improve our games.

Poll Opinion

Postby darleneandersen » January 21st, 2008, 5:32 pm

I think that you should include both the scavenger hunt and the option to draw from a hat and leave it up to the host as to which option they would rather use. I like both options and sometimes one would be a better fit than the other.
darleneandersen

Postby 2coolbaby » January 22nd, 2008, 11:30 am

The Scavenger hunt portion seems to be overwhelming and confusing to so many of the hosts. Thus a large part of our time is spent helping people understand it, by phone and email. We want our games to be easy to host and this seems to have made them more difficult for a large majority of customers.

I am thinking of providing the scavenger hunt online for guests and putting the information as an option in the Host Guide, along with a link to get the free scavenger hunt, if that is what they want, instead of including it in the game. This way those more comfortable with hosting a murder mystery party, can include the scavenger hunt with no problem if that is what they want. This leaves the game more simplified for those that do get easily overwhelmed.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby swaterman1 » February 3rd, 2008, 9:54 am

I didn't find the scavenger hunt confusing at all. I read a lot of your forums and some of the questions to me seem like people get the kits and then decide to *plan* for their party at the last minute. Maybe if you suggest that people read through the instructions and kit about 2-3 weeks early. My dh and I went through the kit together and played out how the party would work WAY prior to the event. It seemed to help with the flow. I can't imagine waiting til the night before or day of and THEN going through the kit! But I digress...

I thought the scavenger hunt was so much fun and a great thing to have in the kit. Besides, you have the *pull out of a hat* option too. That is not hard at all! lol
swaterman1

Return to Board index

Return to Poll for Hosts who have hosted our Parties