Skip to content

An early cancellation

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

An early cancellation

Postby Lil Bug » January 23rd, 2008, 6:58 pm

Greetings,

In a couple weeks I'll be hosting Murder at the Four Deuces. Everyone I've invited is incredibly excited! My problem is that Darrin had to cancel. Thankfully it wasn't a last minute cancellation. I've already assigned Mayor Bumpkin as the secondary character to the murder victim. Do I need to change him to Darrin or will it still work with him as Mayor Bumpkin?

My other question is, the person who canceled may still be able to attend, but he'd arrive late. I'm fine with this. I've already purchased the extra character package and am entertaining the idea of letting him play one of those parts. I'll give him everything he needs before the party so he can join us as soon as he arrives. Is this a feasible solution or would I be better off having him be a prohibition agent and 'wing it'?

Thank you for putting out such a WONDERFUL, ENTERTAINING, kit that ensures a marvelous evening for everyone involved!
Lil Bug

Postby 2coolbaby » January 23rd, 2008, 9:01 pm

The Congressman needs to be there, way before Bill Bumpkin. If you know for sure that he is going to be showing up a little later, then just let him keep the Congressman. How many people do you have attending? Another words, how many of your main characters have you assigned already?
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Lil Bug » January 24th, 2008, 7:07 am

We don't have all our RSVPs in yet, so it's hard to say. I have 2 or 3 male parts left and 3 or 4 female parts from the original set. That's all subject to change depending on the remaining RSVPs. We're not sure, yet, whether he'll be showing up later.
Lil Bug

Postby 2coolbaby » January 24th, 2008, 1:09 pm

I would replace one of the last male assignments you have on the list that you have assigned, with the role of the Congressman. That is one very juicy role & he needs to be there. This is why I tell you to give Big Jim the character of Darrin after the murder, if all you have are 10.

I would assign the roles in the main pack before the extra characters though. But, the bartender character from the packet does come in handy sometimes, so if it is a useful character, then by all means use it before a couple of the end characters.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Lil Bug » January 26th, 2008, 10:08 am

I think we've solved the problem. We've gotten 3 more RSVPs so we'll make one of them the Congressman and make the late comer the bartender.

Thank you so much for your help!
Lil Bug

Postby 2coolbaby » January 28th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Happy to help!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?