Skip to content

MSN Users Read This!

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

MSN Users Read This!

Postby 2coolbaby » March 24th, 2005, 2:29 pm

In the last few months it appears that MSN Internet Users are experiencing a problem when they attempt to download their purchase. What happens is they download the game (they think) and when they click on it they are taken back to their email or the download page. We have traced the problem to the MSN Browser. To get around this then you have 2 options.

1. Open the Internet Explorer Browser (the blue e on your desktop) and go to the download URL using this browser & it will download with no problems. You can copy and paste the url from your receipt to do this. Here are instructions for copy and pasting which most people know but if you don't consider this a valuable computer lesson for new computer users:

How To Copy and Paste:

Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text you want to copy, then click and hold the left mouse button, while pulling your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text.

Now release the left mouse button.

Now, with the cursor over the highlighted text, right click the mouse for options, and select 'copy'.

Now in the IE Browser URL space right click your mouse again, and select 'paste' and you will have copied and pasted the text. :-)

There are keyboard shortcuts you can use instead of right clicking and choosing from a menu. Once you get good at this you will find yourself using them a lot.

Shortcuts

To Copy: Highlight an area, as shown above, then hold 'Ctrl' + 'C' (For Mac users 'Apple' + 'C').

To Paste: Click your mouse where you want the text pasted, and then press 'Ctrl' + 'V' (For Mac users 'Apple' + 'S').

2. If you are like a lot of people and don't like the Internet Explorer browser or your MSN browser I would highly suggest getting the Firefox browser. It is free and they are great about keeping it protected, unlike others. It helps protect you from spyware and other Microsoft vulnerabilities. I have put this browser on every PC I have in my home.

Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser. Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose.

You can get it here:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?