Skip to content

Last minute cancellation HELP!!

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Last minute cancellation HELP!!

Postby dreamweaver » February 24th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Hello, I have a question. I have a last minute cancellation literally two days before my firs murder mystery and the person is playing a main character, I was not going to play and just hostess the game but I was wondering if it would be possible for me to hostess and play the game as well?
dreamweaver

Re: Last minute cancellation HELP!!

Postby 2coolbaby » March 13th, 2010, 11:05 am

I am hoping you called our customer service about this, as we have been having forum issues and I could not reply while we got all of that fixed.

We always suggest that the host or hostess play a character. Sitting on the sidelines for your own party is no fun at all! Here is my rule of thumb for this:

If you are going to have heavy hosting duties... food that requires work and clean up, serving your guests and attending to their needs, then I would suggest a more secondary character.

If you are like me and love buffets, potluck or an appetizer menu, use disposable plates, cups and cutlery and has a self serve policy, then you can play a main character.

If you have a last minute cancellation that is one of the required characters, then you play that character or do some switching of other characters. Or you can go out and kidnap the rude guest and force them to play your game:twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?