Skip to content

Too many people

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Too many people

Postby Lavinia » November 1st, 2006, 9:48 pm

My party is in only a few days and several people that originally had said they MIGHT be there are just now telling me they will. I have thirty characters and thirty three people. At first it was only one extra and I thought I could just give them another characters confidential sheet and it would be fine, but now that does not seem fair for six people to be sharing. What should I do short of buying ten more characters at this late date?
Lavinia

Postby PinkTink » November 1st, 2006, 11:56 pm

Hi there!

I'm sure Mary Lee or AlphaSquirrel should answer this, but if you don't want to buy another character packet..(though I've heard that some of those characters are really good!) They could be inspectors. I don't know what game you are playing, but I played the 4 deuces, and the person who played the inspector had a great time! ( he would find out information, and then blackmail people)

Have a Fun Time!
PinkTink

Postby 2coolbaby » November 2nd, 2006, 5:30 pm

Thanks for helping out Pink. Your best option is to buy one of the extra character packets, but if that isn't possible you can do as Pink suggested and let them become Inspectors. Another idea is to have tag team characters. Have 2 people share a character and take turns playing that character. The nametag would be worn by the one playing the character at the time. If you do this you need to explain it to everyone after the Host Announcement, so they understand more than 1 player will be playing certain characters and I would introduce them. I think this would be a great method for bonding guests... They become partners in crime :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Lavinia » November 2nd, 2006, 5:44 pm

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Yes, I am playing the Four Deuces, and I hadn't thought of making them inspectors. This game is wonderful and my guests can't wait! Thanks again!
Lavinia

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 2nd, 2006, 7:12 pm

You could also create "lacky" characters for Don Wannabe, or Capo "Toto" Tequila.

These characters could literally be assistants to the big crime bosses. Then their job becomes less to solve the murder and protect their own secrets (they have none!), and more about making sure their boss gets his job done. Even better, suggest to them that they can be bought off, and maybe hint that to a guest and have them spread the news.

So you could have some extra henchmen hanging around. (that would actually be kinda cool, and makes me want to run Four Deuces again...)
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?