Skip to content

Murdered Characters from Four Dueces

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murdered Characters from Four Dueces

Postby Shadow » April 23rd, 2007, 2:50 pm

I think I know the answer to my question but I want to confirm.

We just finished playing "Murder at the Four Dueces" over the weekend and in addition to the main character murder there were two other murders. We are already planning the "Murder at the Four Dueces 2" and some of the additional murders in #1 are main characters in #2. Since they are main charaters and the fact that the next party will have enough people at it that I will most likely be purchasing at least two of the additional character packs, this will be a very large party as the first went so well, I am assuming that we just ignore the first murders of additional characters and play as though those never happened, is this correct?

BTW We had one of the best times we have ever had this past Saturday. I have gotten several phone calls and emails from participants that can't wait till part two!!! Reiviw and pictures coming shortly from Saturday's dinner!!
Shadow

Postby 2coolbaby » April 23rd, 2007, 3:09 pm

You are completely correct. Big Jim is the planned murder in the first game, so it was an easy thing to leave him out of the sequel, but additional murders are completely unpredictable. Just act like they did not happen.

People think I am just talking up my games when I make the statement that our games really are one of the most exciting experiences you can have. I am proud of that, but I am not lying when I say it. We have a BLAST at our murder mystery parties.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Shadow » April 23rd, 2007, 3:50 pm

As always thanks for the quick reply!!

And yes it was a BLAST. We went all out for this and since it was our first it taught us a lot. We hand picked the people for our first one from friends that we knew (or at least thought) would really get into their characters and it really showed at the party. Some of these people had met before some had not.

It was evident from the very start that people planned on sticking to their characters as one of the guest was over 40 minutes late. I had repeatedly told everyone in emails to arrive between 6:00 and 7:00 and told them we would just have a few drinks and get comfortable during this time frame but that everyone HAD to be there by 7:00 and that from 7:00 on you were to be in character. The lady that was late is normally very polite and would never say anything mean to anyone. She had run into some problems with her costume and had called to say she would be a FEW minutes late. We told her no problem and relayed to everyone what was up. Everyone agreed to hold off starting the party until she arrived. It took longer than she thought and she arrived about 7:40. When she arrived and was walking in one of the other ladies (who does not know this lady) said jokingly "it's about time" and the lady not knowing that we had waited and assuming we were already in character looked over at her all POed and said "SHUT UP B**TCH!!" I thought the first lady was going to fall over, LOL! We explained she was just playing character and it was then a great nite of fun for all and some of the best "Cat" fights (arguments) I have seen. Believe it or not the Murder was the best most un-expected part of the whole night (I will explain in the review) and I truely wanted to re-elect the Mayor when he left as he spent the entire night campaigning - he should seriously consider running for some office locally!!

We are inviting the same people back for #2 and adding several other new faces. I have friends and co-workers that have already heard about the first one and friends of those that came to the first one as well. I litterally have about 85 to 90 on the list to invite and expect around 40 to show!
Shadow

Postby 2coolbaby » April 23rd, 2007, 4:30 pm

Glad all went well despite the slow start! I can imagine the shock to the girl. That is one of those 'laugh about it later moments' :lol:

Make sure when you write your review that you do not in any way indicate who the murderer might be. We really try to keep spoilers off the forum.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?