Skip to content

Not quite understanding how to play 4DT

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Not quite understanding how to play 4DT

Postby twilight » July 16th, 2008, 2:21 pm

I'm planning on having my 15th birthday party by playing this game. I have a few questions though:

1. If I only have the minimum number of people attend will the game still work correctly?
2. How much time should I plan for it to take to complete the whole thing?
twilight

Re: Not quite understanding how to play

Postby twilight » July 16th, 2008, 2:23 pm

whoops, I forgot #3:

3. Will it become clear what everyone is supposed to do? Or do we need a lot of imagination and improvising?
twilight

Re: Not quite understanding how to play

Postby 2coolbaby » July 17th, 2008, 1:59 pm

1. If I only have the minimum number of people attend will the game still work correctly?

Yes it will. We would not sell a game with a stated minimum and it not work with that minimum.

2. How much time should I plan for it to take to complete the whole thing?

If you are asking how long it will take the answer is 2.5-3 hours including a typical meal. Not a drawn out or serveral course meal. If this is the case, you will need to allow more time.

3. Will it become clear what everyone is supposed to do? Or do we need a lot of imagination and improvising?

It will become clear what needs to be done. You will need imagination and improvisation, but I have never once seen ANYONE not have these things in spades. These games bring out peoples inner creativity and schemeing abilities. You will find the sweetest, shyest, most quite people suddenly become the life of the party, concoting some of the most devious of schemes. So many people underestimate their guests abilities in this area and they are always proven wrong. Have faith in your guests abilities to be bad and enjoy every minute of it!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions