Skip to content

What if you get caught?

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

What if you get caught?

Postby leprechaun » November 4th, 2008, 3:27 pm

I am planning to do the Santa Claus for a Christmas party this year but I am unclear on something. I have searched the forum to no avail and I was wondering what happens to someone if they get caught committing a murder (with the weapon card) during the party. I know that whoever sees the murder is encouraged to use that information to their advantage, but what if the witness decides to turn that person into the police. Does that particular killer have to stop playing, lose their money, have to sit in the corner? I assume there are some consequences. Otherwise, there would be no need to be so sneaky about it or try to avoid getting caught. Thanks in advance for your help.
leprechaun

Re: What if you get caught?

Postby 2coolbaby » November 17th, 2008, 9:31 pm

I have actually never had anyone turn someone in, that I know of! It could be that the Inspector, when told, kept it to themselves and possibly blackmailed the killer :twisted:

I guess if this were to happen, it would be up to the Inspector. If arrested, you might want to take the guest to a room under arrest and then if you have extra characters, have them return as a new character. If no characters, let them return as an Inspector. Just like murders. You don't want anyone to have to sit on the sidelines. That would be too cruel, although if they commit murder in front of a bystander, they are asking for trouble!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions