Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces (Inspector Neville Murdered?)

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Murder at the Four Deuces (Inspector Neville Murdered?)

Postby Addam » August 21st, 2013, 8:49 am

Is there a protocol for Inspector Nutella being selected as the victim for one of the additional murders?
Reason being, I have played Murder at the Four Deuces part 1, and while everyone had a blast, the fellow who played The Inspector was disappointed that he didn't get a confidential booklet to scheme with. As we prepare for Part 2, everyone is reprising their roles, and I feel the Inspector will be disappointed again. My solution being, that after the important murder, and the revealing of evidence, I will arrange for the Inspector to also be murdered, so he can pick up one of the extra characters, and get his own confidential booklet to scheme with.

Is there any issues with this? I feel that as host (Don Wannabe), I can take over the reading of the solution for the Inspector at the end.
Addam

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces (Inspector Neville Murdered?)

Postby 2coolbaby » September 4th, 2013, 7:01 pm

That would be fine. But I do want to say that most people playing the Inspector have no issue without a confidential, as we actually include confidential info in the Inspectors background and if he plays his role like he should, whether good or bad, he should stay so busy it makes no difference. If he plays a bad cop, he will more than have his hands full with his own schemes. That was the point of no confidential for him. We didn't want to force his character a certain direction. He also has the power to question anyone and pry their info out of them, thus getting more power than anyone else in the game. I have seen Inspectors really shine and be involved in many schemes. More than those with confidentials. It's possible that he isn't playing the character to its full potential or he might have been better in a different character.

All that said, yes you can read the things, but he has schemes going on that might fall flat without him. I can't see an extra character giving him more to do, in fact probably less. They are very general characters. Maybe he needs to be encouraged to wield the power he has as an Inspector.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions