Skip to content

Class of '57 or Four Deuces???

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Class of '57 or Four Deuces???

Postby ceb92 » October 8th, 2007, 6:03 pm

I suppose this question is mostly directed at Ms. Lee, since she's the one person very familiar with both Class of '57 and The Four Deuces, but anyone else who has a recommendation, please feel free to answer!!!

I can't decide between these two parties. I'm a huge fan of the 50s, and I'm not as enthusiastic about a 20s party. But from what I've read on these message boards, Four Deuces is a much more fun game. As far as "mature content" goes, my friends and I have a pretty "adult" sense of humor (so I'm sure we could even handle either version of Four Deuces!), and I don't want to be bored with Class of '57. To people who have done that one, is it boring? I was originally leaning towards '57 because I like the theme so much better, but now I don't know. Thoughts?

Thank you!
ceb92

Postby 2coolbaby » October 8th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Resoundingly the Roaring Twenties Murder at the Four Deuces. The Class of 57 was written specifically for ultra conservative groups. This means a fun loving group that would not be offended by very tasteful mature content, would probably find it very boring.

Another thing you may not realize... while you love the 50's; guys LOVE playing gangsters. The hardest people to get to attend a murder mystery party are the guys. Once they hear they will be playing a gangster though, their tune changes. Suddenly, no way, becomes... well, I GUESS I could give it a try. While their inner little boy is dancing for joy that they get to play a big bad gangster. Girls of all sizes look good in flapper costumes.

Finally, there is not a better game anywhere on the market. That isn't just my opinion. That is the opinion of everyone I have ever heard from who has played multiple games, by multiple companies.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby ceb92 » October 8th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Awesome, thank you so much! You've convinced me to do Four Deuces. My birthday isn't actually for a quite a while, but I stumbled across your website and I was excited to get out all my questions. Now I'm looking forward to my birthday even more than usual! :D
ceb92

Postby 2coolbaby » October 8th, 2007, 7:47 pm

It will be a birthday you will never forget. Your guests will be talking about your awesome party for months afterward!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions