Skip to content

Incorporate into a Birthday Party

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Incorporate into a Birthday Party

Postby 2coolbaby » October 31st, 2007, 12:54 pm

I have had a few guests ask about incorporating a birthday party into a murder mystery game. With our games, this is very easy to do. Our games are not strictly structured. Therefore, at any time during the party you can do presents, cake, toasts, congratulations.... whatever you need. This can go for just about any type of event. It is quite alright to step outside the party theme for specific reasons.

When we throw a party, it might be 6 months since everyone has seen each other. We expect our guests to step outside their character and theme occasionally and talk about real life events with people they have not seen in awhile. Yes, I want people to stay in character as much as possible, but I am not strict and demanding about it. I think this helps the party and does not distract form it.

But, that said, if you are keen on keeping everyone in character and on theme, then plan time before or after the party for real life mingling or events. The choice is yours.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby rlmiller90 » February 24th, 2008, 12:09 am

I hosted Immortal Murders as a birthday party for me and two of my friends a few weeks back. We didn't want to interrupt the game with birthday events, so we planned an hour after the suspected end time of the game to do cake, and socialize. I think this worked better than trying to incorporate it into the game, because we were all so busy plotting and playing that many people wouldn't have been interested in the birthday aspect of the party. And after the game everyone wanted to discuss every little detail anyways.
rlmiller90

Postby 2coolbaby » February 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

That works well also, but I think it depends on the time you have. If your time is limited, then you can easily incorporate it into the party. Just make it a part of the theme. Doing 4 Deuces? Have Don or MeMe Wannabe stand up and provide a toast to their great friend who is having a birthday. With a little creativity, you can easily incorporate if you want or need to.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions