Skip to content

Planning ?

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Planning ?

Postby flush puppy » July 11th, 2008, 10:55 am

We will be hosting our first party next month and will do the 4 Deuces. I plan to order the boxed set today to avoid all the printing hassle. A couple questions - I'd like to assign and send out characters now - is the list on the website the same as what will be in the box? Also, for now all we need to tell them is the brief description, not the entire character booklet, correct? They get the full packet at the party?

I'm trying not to panic too much about not being entirely sure how this works until I get the full host packet in the game. From what I can tell, guests will come in costume, get their info, and just start talking to each other to figure out who the killer is? Does the murder actually occur at the party? It will most likely still be light outside so we can't just turn off the lights.

Thanks for any tips!
flush puppy

Re: Planning ?

Postby 2coolbaby » July 11th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Hi Flush Puppy! We have an RSVP online event management system that you will have access to the moment you purchase your game. The link is provided in your purchase receipt. The RSVP system will allow you to do the following:

• E-Invites: Send invitations electronically.
• You and your guests can view your private, personalized Event Party Page.
• Guests can R.S.V.P. online and you are immediately notified.
• Assign characters to your guests and email them a link to view and print their character's background booklet. This is VERY important with a box set. If someone loses their character booklet, this system will give you immediate access to another one!
• You have access to your Host Guide and the Guest List Worksheet from here. This will help you assign your guests to characters.
• Send messages to your guests.
• Reminders are sent 72 hours before the event automatically.
• From the Event Page you and your guests can find affordable costumes and have access to all of our helpful theme related information.

Everything you need before your party is available in the RSVP system. I hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby flush puppy » July 11th, 2008, 1:20 pm

I thought I read that you shouldn't give people access to their full character packet til the night of the party? I just emailed the brief character description so they could plan a costume and was planning to give them the whole packet the night of the party.
flush puppy

Postby 2coolbaby » July 11th, 2008, 3:09 pm

You give them their Character's Background ahead of time, not the Confidential booklet. They need this before the party for several reasons. First, it has character and costume suggestions. This also has the instructions on how our murder mystery games work, the News Item (which sets up the party and gives some background to the setting), a Guests List, with short descriptions of all the guests. It is far batter for your guests to read this item at their leisure instead of expecting them to absorb this information in a few minutes when they arrive.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby flush puppy » July 11th, 2008, 3:43 pm

AH! Ok, thanks very much.
flush puppy

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions