Skip to content

Confidential Booklets for The Immortal Murders game

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Confidential Booklets for The Immortal Murders game

Postby katboferguson » September 14th, 2007, 9:13 pm

I am wondering why the host waits to give the confidential booklets out at the party? I would think we would want this information mailed with their character booklets to aid in planning to their activities for the night.
Also, how do I keep the situation of "reading and comprehending the confidential booklets" from being awkward while being surrounded by the other guests at the party?
katboferguson

Postby 2coolbaby » September 15th, 2007, 10:07 am

There are several reasons you do not want the Confidentials given out until after the murder.

1. If you give them out before the party, people tend to talk more freely outside the party environment. Many a hosts party has been ruined by loose lips before a party even started. The Confidentials contain all of the secrets. Do you want everything about your party known before the party? Yes, you could tell your guests not to share, but inevitably, someone does.

2. A successful murder mystery party is about timing. There is information in the Confidentials that we do not want released before the murder occurs, especially since the Confidentials talk about the murder victims and events that don't happen until after the party starts!

Confidential Booklets are usually given out during dinner. This allows people to look over them while they are sitting at a table.

Our games and their format have been out for more than 6 years and it has been proven to work thousands of times over. Each stage and step are very important to the way your party plays. This is why I stress to Hosts; Please read the Host Guide thoroughly and follow it.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Many thanks

Postby katboferguson » September 15th, 2007, 10:54 am

Thank you for your timely response. I totally understand now. I also like the idea of giving them their booklets while dining. That makes sense. This is my first party, and I love the website RSVP system. Thanks again Kathy
katboferguson

Postby 2coolbaby » September 17th, 2007, 9:27 am

Hi Kathy ~ I am glad you like the RSVP system. We are constantly striving to build this system into a great little helper for those that are comfortable with their computers.

I hope I did not sound too abrupt in my reply. I get way too many people asking me, "Hey, wouldn't it be better if I did this in this way, instead of following your instructions?" In almost every instance, it is from people who have never even hosted a murder mystery party of this type. Whereas, we have hosted hundreds and developed our method many years ago with a lot of trial and error testing. There really is a method to our madness :lol:
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

No Worries, Mary

Postby katboferguson » September 17th, 2007, 9:47 am

No worries, Mary, I was not asking the question because I wanted to change anything. I was just trying to understand about the confidential booklets. I had not seen any other questions about it on the boards. I am planning this party for my child's 14th birthday. All of the kids are so excited. I found these really cool Halloween invitations at Michael's that consist of a black box filled with white shredded paper. When you open it up there is a severed finger along with the official party invitation. I am using these boxes to mail the kids their character hard copies. SO MUCH FUN Many thanks Kathy
katboferguson

Postby 2coolbaby » September 17th, 2007, 10:37 am

Those invites sound like a great idea, especially for a Halloween themed murder mystery birthday party.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information