Skip to content

Murder performance

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder performance

Postby Aimher » March 5th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Hello! I own a party planning business and have been asked by a local group to present your Four Deuces 2 for them to solve. They do not want to be the characters, they just want to solve the mystery :!: I have enough experienced performers for most of the characters but I could use any advice as to how to make this the most enjoyable for the attendees. THANK YOU!!!
Aimher

Re: Murder performance

Postby 2coolbaby » March 9th, 2009, 11:26 am

How many people are attending as guests? And, why Four Deuces 2, instead of the first one? The second is only meant to be played by people who have played the first one.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Aimher » March 9th, 2009, 6:16 pm

HI, thanks for getting back to me. I am guesstimating between 15 and 30 people are to be in attendance. The original was apparently played by a few of the guests
Aimher

Postby 2coolbaby » March 9th, 2009, 6:42 pm

That is not really what we would consider a large party. I am at a loss to understand why they don't want to play characters, as this is what really makes our games such a memorable experience. While it can be done, it really does lessen the enjoyment by a HUGE margin. Usually okay, if you have a really large group with at least 50+ people. For only 15-30 people attending, it doesn't make sense to hire at least 10 actors and just watch it play out. Are you absolutely sure they just want to watch and not play characters? I am just flummoxed by this. 15-30 are not that many people and really too few people to pull off our large party format. I am just not sure if our game will really work for your group.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Aimher » March 9th, 2009, 9:38 pm

I hear you! :roll: From what I'm gathering, they want to solve it, bribing the characters and what not, but not actually be the responsible parties.. I wondered if perhaps I just hired a few MAIN characters (I guess I'd have to know all the who's who)and give the group the secondary characters to play out? Course if I told them that they would know it was one of my people who was the prime susupects...I dunno...thank you for our time, I will try to muddle through it... :?
Aimher

Postby 2coolbaby » March 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

Unless they were playing actual characters, they could not really bribe characters, as they would not really be involved. Now you see why I think them not playing an actual character will make it different then what they are most likely expecting. I really think you should talk to them about this. I would find out who really wanted to participate and give them main characters, and those that just wanted to watch, give them extra characters.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information