Skip to content

Ideas for decorating for the Immortal Murders costume ball

Get ideas for decorating, costumes and more to match your party theme. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Ideas for decorating for the Immortal Murders costume ball

Postby Ashley3496 » October 3rd, 2009, 2:18 pm

I'm kind of stuck for ideas on how to decorate. We will have a few Halloween decorations since the party is on Halloween. We're going to seperate each room with streamers so that it's easier to have private conversations/commit murder. But otherwise I have no idea what to do. I want it to look like a ballroom, but I still want it to have that immortal feel. Any suggestions?
Ashley3496

Re: Ideas for decorating for the Immortal Murders costume ball

Postby 2coolbaby » October 3rd, 2009, 5:05 pm

You should look at this post, which has a beautiful theme:

the-immortal-murders-new-zealand-t1684.html

Then, also be sure to check out our Halloween theme page. It has oodles of ideas, including homemade costumes, recipes, crafts, decorations and a LOT more.

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/themes/fantasy.htm
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Ashley3496 » October 3rd, 2009, 11:31 pm

Wow, that was really pretty. Thanks for answering so fast. I also wanted to ask about entertainment. I keep worrying about the game possibly lagging in the beginning just like most parties do and I want something more for the guests to do besides just walking around talking to eachother. So do you have any ideas for games or other forms of entertainment? I have a room designated for music and dancing but I don't know how much that will get used.
Ashley3496

Postby 2coolbaby » October 9th, 2009, 2:11 am

You really need to stick to the murder mystery game. While things do start out just a little slow, it is actually not even close to your normal party slow period. It is just a period of people starting to feel out this new experience. It does not take long for things to heat up. Confrontations have to take place before the murders can happen and this happens about 30 minutes after the party starts, so there is not a lot of time for these confrontations to take place. Games would really interfere with what needs to occur.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby fouplay » October 11th, 2009, 11:15 pm

I am also hosting The Immortal Murders for Halloween this year for my club and we have thought of several decoration ideas that we are planning to use.

Decorations:
Various wine glasses placed around (bought at good will), maybe to be filled with dry ice
cardboard bats and tombstones
cobwebs and pipe cleaner spiders
tootsie pop ghosts hanging from tables
black flowers
stained glass windows
pumpkins, carved or not
outlines of trees for the walls
halloween music of course

Our theme is going to be a fancy party in a vampire castle

make sure to check online, there are lots of good ideas to be found, for cheap too :)
fouplay

Postby swaterman1 » October 14th, 2009, 10:54 pm

We're also hosting this party for Halloween. Our idea was to make the house into a castle.

WE bought cheap twin sheets (black) flat sheets from Wal Mart to use on spring rods as room dividers. (plus, you can return them.. I just fold over and pin them to make a rod pocket).
There are prom supply outlets that have a lot of castle themed decor. We bought some sheer gossamer fabric in a stone pattern to use on some walls to give the appearance of stone walls. We're converting the laundry room into a dungeon, and we've found themed music on Itunes (the dripping sound lol) to play in there. Some fake rubber mice and cheap plastic chains for special ambience! We're converting the hallway to the dungeon with the use of black plastic table cloths (again.. CHEAP at the party store.. ) We have found on one of the prom websites these cardboard 3D torches to attach to the wall. They look GREAT. We also are putting in black bulbs in our chandelier and lamps, bought a few black candles, some black lace... we'll be doing the mantle in black lace and candles. I am covering all our tables with grey plastic tablecloths and black lace overlays. Yeah... we outdo ourselves. It seems to be expected! And the atmosphere you create will make your party THAT much better. : )
swaterman1

Re: Ideas for decorating for the Immortal Murders costume ba

Postby Glindora » March 11th, 2014, 7:29 am

We played this over New Year and were lucky that we had in effect a community hall to play with. It had 2 small rooms off it which we were able to use for a) the murder scenes (it had a small settee so the victims could lie comfortably while they waited to be found) and b) storing the extra money/booklets. My creative husband (architect) and one of our close friends (an artist) took over the main hall and transformed it into a approximation of a greek temple. They painted life sized doric columns on long sheets on wallpaper and hung them between the windows and printed off suitable images (eg from the Egyptian Book of the Dead) for each of the clans to decorate the rest of the wall space to give the impression it was a temple to all 4 clans and a neutral meeting space. The flourescent lights we covered with black crepe paper to dim them.

The tables were small ones which we were able to move together in any combination we wanted - we set them up in a cross shape for the party meaning that when people sat to eat, they spoke only to the small group on their 'wing' and it encouraged them to get up as soon as they'd eaten to move around and discover more. Again we kept to a greek style temple theme with gold platters and plates (£1 from poundland!) trailing ivy and goblets to drink from.
Glindora

Re: Ideas for decorating for the Immortal Murders costume ba

Postby 2coolbaby » March 22nd, 2014, 6:07 pm

That sounds wonderful. I don't suppose you have any pictures? If so, I would love to see the settings, wall art and seating.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Party Theme Ideas