Skip to content

Winner! Murder at the Four Deuces - Tame Version

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Winner! Murder at the Four Deuces - Tame Version

Postby Winger111 » April 29th, 2013, 3:49 am

Mary Lee,
For years I had heard about people throwing these Murder Mystery parties and how fun they were but had never been to one. I had it on my “Bucket List” to throw one, and so I did. Once I pulled the trigger and bought it, I was very nervous, as was everyone on your forum, but I must say it was THE BEST party I have ever thrown. I can attribute the success to two things: 1) The game is brilliantly written; and 2) My 24 guests got immersed in their characters.

I chose to read through all the parts and know the Solution from the beginning so I was prepared. I spent many evenings reading with fascination and much laughter how each character was connected. Again I will say it was brilliantly written. What I was completely unprepared for is how my guests fell instantly into character from the moment they stepped into my house.

Days prior to the party I got a death threat from one character, via text, I could see the excitement was starting to brew in anticipation of the upcoming event.

My son-in-law, had a connection to someone that owned a 1929 car and allowed us to borrow it. We placed it in the driveway which set the stage as people arrived. I hung long black drapes about 5’ in front of my front door and placed Al Capone between the curtains and the front door with a fake machine gun in order to check each guest to make sure they weren’t packing heat and receive their password before they were allowed entry into the Speakeasy. I draped black fabric and red sequined fabric over tables, kitchen bar tops and sliding glass doors to give it a the sultry appearance of a Speakeasy.

As each person came in, they had their mug shots taken, and the party began. Each costume was so unique and applicable to the character they played. Before I knew it, people were wheeling, dealing, and bickering. As hostess, it was delightful to see.

Our Inspector was particularly entertaining in playing his part with a Chicago accent and all. He obviously put a lot of time and thought into his part.

As Big Jim died gracefully on my living room floor, The Baroness and Rebecca dropped to the floor and wailed as they removed his body. At the death of her lover The Inspector (played by her real life husband), The Baroness unsuccessfully tried to resuscitate him by mouth to mouth which lead to more wailing.

I was surprised to see how quickly everyone wanted the weapons cards so they could “take somebody out”, how people were stealing, extorting or bribing money from each other, and how this even went on to extortion of costume jewelry if the character had no money left. They became quite inventive. I laughed the entire night watching everyone.

There is so much more to say about the evening and what went on, but what I really want to say is THANK YOU! The party was a hit beyond my expectations and each of my guests expressed the party was a BLAST! It could not have gone better
Attachments
003 (281x500).jpg
Al Capone at the Front Door Check In
088 (375x500).jpg
058 (500x281).jpg
The Dolls
038 (500x281).jpg
The Guys and Dolls
018 (281x500).jpg
Jack "Greasy Fingers" Guiseppe
044 (500x281).jpg
Capo and Vanessa
062 (500x281).jpg
065 (500x281).jpg
Big Jim Ravioli
083 (375x500).jpg
The Baroness and Vanessa Crooner
085 (500x375).jpg
Serina Siren, Guilda Guiseppi, Mary Toosteal
Winger111

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces - Tame Version

Postby 2coolbaby » May 20th, 2013, 6:13 pm

I can say that this is probably the most glowing review ever! Your review alone could sell my games! lol - I thank you so much for it. Your decorating and your guests costumes were just brilliant too and getting a authentic automobile is a stroke of genius.

I can say for sure that you will be a contest winner, just not sure what month lol. Our forum posting was broken for awhile, so I am going back and awarding winners regardless of month entered. I will post it soon and email you with your Gift Certificate.

Again, thank you so much for this winning review!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces