Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces for a Sweet 16

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Teen Rated Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces for a Sweet 16

Postby lyssaberry » June 18th, 2009, 10:56 pm

Hello,
We just hosted Murder at the Four Dueces (tame) for our daughters Sweet 16.
I was nervous in the beginning becasue she wanted to participate in the game and did not read any of the character backgrounds, confidiential information or instructions so I was in charge of everything.

We held the party in a banquet room of a restaurant that came complete with dark paneling and red pleather booths. Upon arrival the guests received gift bags with their character name tags, candy cigs, chocolate cigars, squirt guns, note pads, feather pens, decks of cards, hand held magnifying glasses, and money. We had a roulette and black jack table. For food we had pizza and finger food. The big splurge for the party was plastic champange flutes and mini Martenillis w/custom Four Dueces Grand Opening labels on them. We had a friend take pictures as the kids arrived and printed them there so we could put them on display.

I was surprised how the guest showed up complete in costume and in character. The game was very organized even though we had a few glitches. We had a last minute cancellation, a rescheduled volleyball tournament so a few guests were late, a friend who wanted to bring someone with her so we had to assign a last mintue character. Everything still ran so smoothly!! :D

The kids loved the scavendger hunt. This really gave them something else to do and made them think. There were 3 additional murders and I was so proud when I caught some flapper girls going thru gift bags looking for extra money. They got really into scheming and bribing information from other people.

Lastly, we ordered some gangster posters to make a back drop for photos. Then we gave those posters as gifts for winners of best performer (we had a boy and girl) best actor & actress and wealthiest. We had mini trophys for all of our super slueths.

The kids are still talking about the party and begging for another one. Thank you so much for an amazing nite. :D
Attachments
lyssa.115.jpg
Grand Opening featuring Carrie Crooner
lyssa.94.jpg
Too many pictues to pick from
lyssa.57.jpg
Another Murder
lyssa.68.jpg
Roulette
lyssa.54.jpg
Guests
lyssa.128.jpg