Skip to content

May 2008 Contest Winner - Death by Chocolate Party

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

May 2008 Contest Winner - Death by Chocolate Party

Postby lconstantine » May 20th, 2008, 12:24 am

My murder mystery party was a hit! I had sooo much fun! And everyone else did too! It was a girls-only event. I put together some cute bags for all the guests. They had some homemade soap, lotions, and lip balm in them - as well as a cute little pedicure set that you recommended on the site.

I had 26 people!!!! It was quite a crowd, and I was impressed with how quickly everyone was able to 'get into character'. I'm pretty sure part of that was due to it being girls-only. I did a pink and brown theme to work with the spa and chocolate ideas. There was so much food it was ridiculous! In support of the spa portion of the night, I offered foot soak and hand wax stations in the kitchen.

I was impressed by the improvisation skills of some of my friends. And was also delightfully surprised by all the intrigue some of them caused. People were so into things that we had a murder within a minute of the weapon's drawing (since I had so many people, we drew instead of doing the weapons hunt). I even had one completely innocent character that played her part so well she induced a jealousy situation so potent it ended up getting her killed (for the second time that night I might add! Her first character was the original murder everyone was trying to solve). I also had a last minute character change that introduced an assassin into the mix (one of your extra characters). This person (who I wasn't sure was going to be there at all) ended up getting so mixed into everything that she was "hired out" all night long and spent her evening hunting for weapons, bribing, threatening, etc. to end up doing half of the killing. But alas in the end, ended up dead herself. It was quite a crazy evening!

I've already thought about playing this same game again. I had quite a few people that wanted to come after I was already full. Those that did come, have already been asking when I'm going to do another one! It was a blast. Thanks for the great game!
Attachments
mystery 008a.jpg
mystery 008a.jpg (99.94 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
mystery 005a.jpg
mystery 005a.jpg (114.04 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
collage3a.jpg
collage3a.jpg (155.19 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
collage2a.jpg
collage2a.jpg (159.06 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
collage1a.jpg
collage1a.jpg (140.83 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
lconstantine

Postby 2coolbaby » May 22nd, 2008, 9:59 am

Thanks for the review. There were a lot of pregnant women there! I just love your photos and the bags you made were beautiful.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate